Aces High Battle of Britain Special Review
|Date of Review||April 2016||Title||Aces High Battle of Britain Special|
|Format||82 pages, softbound||MSRP (Euro)||9€|
Aces High Magazine has produced this 'Battle of Britains' special edition which provides several in-depth builds that were used on both sides of that famous air battle. As with each of the titles in their Aces High series, each article provides an in-depth build, modification, paint, and weathering how-to look into how each author achieves their results so you can replicate these techniques for yourself. The subjects covered in this title include:
- Der Adler Tag - He 111H-6 (Revell 1/72)
- Death or Glory - Hurricane Mk.I (Hasegawa 1/48)
- Devils in Yellow - Bf 109E-1/B (Eduard 1/32)
- The Trumpets of Jericho - Ju 87B Stuka (Hasegawa 1/48)
- Live to Fly, Fly to Live - Spitfire Mk.I (Tamiya 1/48)
- Mind the Gap Section - Five Minutes After Tea (Vignette)
- RAF 10hp Austin Tilly (Tamiya 1/35)
As I mentioned above, each article goes into depth on technique with great photo illustrations to help you understand how to get there. The centerpiece of this issue and the one done in greatest depth is the Bf 109E article which provides some different thoughts on pre and post shading to eliminate that dull camouflage monotony without making the model overly (or unrealistically) weathered.
This is one of those publications that you'll want to keep on your shelf for future reference. Definitely recommended!
My sincere thanks to Aces High Magazine for this review copy!