Battle of Britain Part III Book Review
|Date of Review||November 2011||Title||Battle of Britain Part III|
|Author||Maciej Goralczyk, Janusz Swiatlon and Arkadiusz Wrobel||Publisher||Kagero|
|Format||18 pages, softbound||MSRP (USD)||$19.95 (approximate)|
Kagero is a prolific publisher of great military historical references, especially in World War II military aviation. This latest release is out of the 'mini TOPCOLORS' series with this one being number 27 in the series. These titles contain a number of nicely detailed four-view color profiles of selected subjects that no doubt come from their research of other titles. What's especially nice about these series is that Kagero provides decals for each of the subjects covered in this title in all three 'standard' scales: 1/32, 1/48, and 1/72.
This title covers eight Luftwaffe examples that flew in the Battle of Britain. These include:
- Bf 109E-3, W.Nr. Unk, I./JG 54, White Chevron, 1940
- Bf 109E-4, W.Nr. 5274, I./JG 2, White 15, 1940
- Bf 109E-4, W.Nr. 1159, 7./JG 26, White 7, 1940
- He 111P-2, W.Nr. 2149, 3./KG 55, G1+JL, 1940
- Bf 109E-4, W.Nr. Unk, 7./JG 3, White 11, 1940
- Bf 109E-4, W.Nr. Unk. I./JG 53, White 8, 1940
- Bf 109E-4/B, W.Nr. Unk, 5./JG 51, Black 6, 1940
- Bf 110C-2, W.Nr. 3533, 15.(Z)/LG 1, L1+LL, 1940
The descriptions of each subject is provided in English and Polish and these color profiles are very nicely done. The decals are printed by Cartograf so you know the quality is there as well.
With distinctive subjects each in all three scales, the modeler can have a nicely produced reference AND decals all for about the same price the average decal sheet these days. What's more, this set is just in time for the Revell/Germany 1/32 He 111P, DML 1/32 (and 1/48) Bf 110C, as well as the 1/32 Eduard Bf 109 series.
My sincere thanks to Kagero for this review sample!