World War II Winter and Mountain Warfare Tactics Book Brief
|Date of Review||November 2013||Title||World War II Winter and Mountain Warfare Tactics|
|Author||Stephen Bull||Publisher||Osprey Publishing|
|Format||64 pages, softbound||MSRP (USD)||$18.95|
Bull recounts combat methods European countries adopted for extreme conditions in the 193rd volume of Osprey's "Elite" series. Coverage outlines the training and equipment Axis and Allied armed forces developed. And figure painters will really appreciate Steve Noon's excellent color plates. A great Osprey reference!
- 'Motti' Tactics: Finland, 1939-40
- The Western Allies in Norwary, 1940
- The Soviet Tactical Response: Combat in Winter (1941)
- Disaster on the Ostfront, 1941/42
- German Ski Training and Tactics, 1942-44
- Techniques Perfected, 1943-45
- Select Bibliography
My sincere thanks to Osprey Publishing for this review sample!