Iwata Airbrush Cleaning Kit First Look
|Date of First Look||November 2014||Manufacturer||Iwata|
|Subject||Airbrush Cleaning Kit||Pros||Nice tool set for detailed cleaning|
|Cons||Nothing noted||MSRP (USD)||$28.95|
A tool is only going to last as long as you take care of it. An airbrush is one of those tools that can go bad really fast if you don't keep it cleaned. As we've written in previous assessments of Iwata airbrushes, these tools are some of the easiest double-action airbrushes to dismantle and reassemble. The airbrush cleaning mat that we recently examined makes that job even easier by keeping needles, nozzles, springs, etc., from rolling away and getting lost (or becoming cat toys).
Here is another new item from Iwata-Medea - the Airbrush Cleaning Kit. This set comes in a hard plastic tool case that contains:
- 1 x 1oz bottle of Airbrush Cleaner
- 3 x extra small cleaning brushes
- 1 x bundle of pipe cleaners
- 1 x 12-pack of Artool Studio Wipes
- 1 x nozzle wrench
- 1 x tube of Super Lube
- 1 x instruction manual
- 1 x LED magnifier
- The Super Lube is a specially formulated lubricant without petroleum or silicon additives so it will not contaminate your paint but it will keep your airbrush well lubricated.
- The Studio Wipes are wet wipes with a fast-acting cleaner. These are Clorox Wipes for the artist.
- The nozzle wrench will provide an easier way of removing and reinstalling the tiny nozzle without harming the tip.
- The LED magnifier is an interesting black plastic box the size of an old Zippo Lighter that you pull open to reveal a 30x and 60x magnifier that also has a built-in LED light aligned with the lenses. You can closely inspect your airbrush and see into those dark areas much easier.
- The array of brushes and pipe cleaners will give you the essentials for getting your airbrush ready for service.
Here's a video demonstration of this airbrush cleaning system:
These items are available separately and allow you to keep your cleaning kit stocked while providing you with a handy set for keeping that airbrush ready for your next project.
You can find the Iwata Airbrush Cleaning Kit at your favorite hobby shop and if not, they can special order it for you. In the meantime, you can read more about these and the other cool products from Iwata by visiting their website at http://www.iwata-airbrush.com/
My sincere thanks to Iwata Media for this review sample!