Entry Rules for the MRC/Academy New Years Contest
THE ENTRY DESK IS NOW CLOSED - STAY TUNED FOR OUR NEXT CONTEST!
Thanks to MRC and Academy, we're holding our second global contest! The rules are simple:
- Submit three photos of your best built Academy model between now and Friday, December 27th. To paraphrase a classic: "Three shall be the number of photos and the number of photos shall be three..."
- The model can be any Academy kit: aircraft, ship, armor, AFV, car, etc.
- At least one photo will show the entire model, the others can also be overviews at different angles or close-ups of your handywork. Of course your photos need to be good as we'll be judging your model based on them.
- All three photos must each be between 1600 and 1800 pixels wide. Do not add watermarks or copyright information on your images. Submitting photos for entry into this contest constitutes permission for Cybermodeler Online and the contest sponsors to reprint these photos.
- The models can be built straight out of the box or loaded with aftermarket details, scratchbuilding, etc.
- Please provide your name, postal address (in case you win), the Academy kit number, subject and scale, and a brief (1-2 sentence) description of what you did to the model (out-of-the-box or how enhanced).
- Each entry must be submitted by separate email to email@example.com.
- Please include your photos with your entry - do not send links to download sites like Photobucket for your images, these entries will be disqualified.
- You may enter as many Academy builds as you wish, but only one prize will be awarded per person.
- All entries must be received by noon (1200) EST on 27 December 2013.
The prizes for this contest:
- The top six scoring models will each receive a new 1/72 Academy F-35A Lightning II kit
All entry photos will be posted in a virtual contest room for all to view. Judging will begin after 1200 EST on 27 December and you can vote for your top five favorites. Your votes will be totalled and the results will be posted in our Tuesday evening (31 Dec) edition.
All six prizes will be awarded, three F-35s will be shipped within the US by MRC, the other three F-35s will be shipped directly from Academy anywhere else in the world.