AOA Decals 1/32 VA-65 Part 1 Decal First Look
|Date of Review||October 2017||Manufacturer||AOA Decals|
|Subject||VA-65 Part 1||Scale||1/32|
|Set Number||32023||Pros||Markings for six distictive aircraft|
|Cons||Nothing noted||Skill Level||Basic|
AOA Decals is back with a nice set of markings options for those who have one (or more) of the Trumpeter 1/32 A-6 Intruder kits. This release provides six subjects from four different aircraft carriers/cruises.
The aircraft provided in this decal set include:
- A-6A, 151821, VA-65, --/401, USS Constellation, 1966
- A-6A, 151819, VA-65, NL/413, USS Constellation, 1966
- A-6A, 152899, VA-65, AA/511, USS Forrestal, 1967
- A-6A, 155585, VA-65, NH/505, USS Kitty Hawk, 1968-69
- A-6E, 158539, VA-65, AG/510, USS Independence, 1974-75
- A-6E, 158045, VA-65, AG/502, USS Independence, 1975-76
Many modelers have sought the markings for the camouflaged (three greens over white) A-6As that operated in the early years over Vietnam. This set features one of those aircraft! This set provides all of the national and distinctive markings for these aircraft (sufficient for one model) as well as the major airframe stencils. The instructions provide extensive details and notes to help you get the Trumpeter kit looking just right.
For more information about this set and the other releases from AOA Decals, visit their website at www.aoadecals.com.
My sincere thanks to AOA Decals for this review sample!