BarracudaCals 1/48 P-40s of 112 Squadron RAF Part 1 Decal First Look
|Date of Review||August 2010||Manufacturer||BarracudaCals|
|Subject||P-40s of 112 Squadron RAF Part 1||Scale||1/48|
|Cons||Two-part roundels||Skill Level||Basic|
BarracudaCals has returned with their fifth installment in their 1/48 scale aircraft series with this nice sharkmouthed selection of RAF 112 Sqn P-40s. These aircraft were some of the early war Curtiss fighters that were pressed into combat over North Africa.
This set provides an interesting cross-section of subjects:
- Tomahawk Mk.IIb, AK402, 112 Sqn, GA-F, as flown by P/O Neville Duke, Libya, 1941
- Kittyhawk Mk.I, AK578, 112 Sqn, GA-V, as flown by F/O Neville Duke, Libya, 1942
- Kittyhawk Mk.I, AK772, 112 Sqn, GA-Y, as flown by P/O Burney and Sqn Ldr Clive Caldwell, Libya, 1942
- Tomahawk Mk.IIb, AK367, 112 Sqn, GA-C, Egypt, 1941
- Tomahawk Mk.IIb, AK457, 112 Sqn, GA-D, Egypt, 1941
The sheet is printed by Cartograf and are very sharp as well as in-register. The sheet comes with a nice set of maintenance stencils and good instructions on where everything goes. The instructions indicate that these markings are intended for the Monogram 1/48 P-40B/C and the Hasegawa 1/48 P-40E.
My sincere thanks to BarracudaCals Decals for this preview!