Begemot 1/144 Antonov An-225 Mriya 'Cossack' Decal First Look
|Date of Review||January 2020||Manufacturer||Begemot|
|Subject||Antonov An-225 Mriya 'Cossack'||Scale||1/144|
|Set Number||14404||Pros||Markings for six different schemes|
|Cons||Nothing noted||Skill Level||Novice|
Begemot Decals is an interesting decal company from Rostov-on-Don, Russia that offers a nice array of markings for Soviet-built aircraft. In this release, Begemot produces an interesting set of markings for the Antonov An-225 Mriya 'Cossack' heavy airlifter. The An-225 was originally developed to transport the Buran Space Shuttles, but cancellation of Buran led to the aircraft taking on specialty airlift tasks. Let's take a look at the subjects covered:
- An-225, CCCP-82060, 387, Paris Airshow, 1989, USSR
- An-225, CCCP-82060, 410, Paris Airshow, 1991, USSR
- An-225, UR-82060, 410, MAKS 2001, Ukraine
- An-225, UR-82060, Antonov Airlines, 2005, Ukraine
- An-225, UR-82060, Antonov Airlines, 2007, Ukraine
- An-225, UR-82060, Antonov Airlines, 2008, Ukraine
The decals include a complete set of airframe stencils in addition to the markings variations that were applied a twenty year span of time. These decals are sized for the Zvezda/Revell kit.
For more information about this set and the other releases from Begemot Decals, visit their website at http://www.begemotdecals.ru.
My sincere thanks to Begemot Decals for this review sample!