Begemot 1/72 MiG-25 Foxbat Decal First Look
|Date of Review||April 2006||Manufacturer||Begemot|
|Set Number||72015||Pros||Markings for 13 different aircraft|
Begemot Decals is an interesting decal company from Rostov-on-Don, Russia that offers a nice array of markings for Russian-built aircraft. In this release, they're covering a fast mover - the Mach 3 MiG-25.
There are 13 aircraft covered in this set:
- MiG-25P, Red 31, 531 IAP, Chugueva AB, Soviet AF, as flown by Lt. Viktor Belenko, 1976
- MiG-25P, FU-78, 120 Sqn, Algerian AF, 1982
- MiG-25PD, Syrian AF, 1981
- MiG-25PDS, Blue 52, 146 GIAP, Vasilkov AB, Soviet AF, 1986
- MiG-25PD, Red 49, 146 IAP, Vasilkov AB, Ukrainian AF, 1991
- MiG-25PU, Red 94, 174 GIAP, Monchegorsk, Soviet AF, 1990
- MiG-25RB, 154 Sqn, Egyptian AF, 1973
- MiG-25RB, Red 751, 120 RAP, Bulgarian AF, 1984
- MiG-25RB, Red 46, 47 GRAP, Shatalovo AB, Soviet AF, 2000
- MiG-25RBF, Red 38, 931 GRAP, Werneuchen AB, Germany, Soviet AF, 1991
- MiG-25BM, Red 78, 10 RAP, Shuchin AB, Soviet AF
- MiG-25BM, Rashid AB, Iraqi AF, 1988
- MiG-25BM, White 37, 4th Tng Ctr, Lipetsk AB, Soviet AF
The decal printing is perfectly in register. The instructions are printed on two sheets that provide not only decal placement for each aircraft, but also a nice color reference for each aircraft as well. Decals include the distinctive aircraft markings as well as appropriate national markings. Now if we could only interest Begemot to produce these in 1/48 scale!
For more information about this set and the other releases from Begemot Decals, visit their website at http://www.begemotdecals.ru.
My sincere thanks to Begemot Decals for this review sample!