Begemot 1/72 Mi-35M - New Generation of the Hind Decal First Look
|Date of Review||January 2015||Manufacturer||Begemot|
|Subject||Mi-35M - New Generation of the Hind||Scale||1/72|
|Set Number||72053||Pros||Two sheets with numerous possibilities|
|Cons||Nothing noted||Skill Level||Novice|
Begemot Decals is an interesting decal company from Rostov-on-Don, Russia that offers a nice array of markings for Soviet-built aircraft. In this release, Begemot provides an extensive airframe marking and stencil set for the Mil Mi-35M Hind. Let's take a look:
This set is produced on two sheets of decals. Begemot has taken an interesting approach to these markings as there are five styles of generic bort numbers as well as variations for tail rotor warning and other distinctive markings to reflect the current range of possibilities. The instructions provide profiles for eleven examples including:
- Mi-35M(3) (Mi-24VM), Bort 50, Rostvertol test/show aircraft
- Mi-35M(3) (Mi-24VM), Bort 32, 387 Avn Base, Russian AF, 2011
- Mi-35M(3) (Mi-24VM), Bort 32, 393 Avn Base, Russian AF, 2012
- Mi-35M(3) (Mi-24VM), Bort 16, 15th Bde, Russian AF, Ostrov airfield, 2013
- Mi-35M(3) (Mi-24VM), Bort 101, 546 Avn Base, Russian AF, 2014
- Mi-35M(3), Bort 207, Azerbaijan AF, 2011
- Mi-35M(3) (Mi-24VM), Bort 103, 546 Avn Base, Russian AF, 2014
- Mi-35M(2), Venezuelan AF, 2009
- Mi-35M(3), Brazilian AF, 2012
- Mi-35M(3), Iraqi Army Aviation, 2012
The instructions also provide additional bort numbering for other aircraft assigned to each given base/unit so you can render more possibilities than shown in the diagrams.
This is a great set of markings to help render a current production Mi-24/35 Hind. I really hope these will be available in 1/48 and 1/35 as well! For more information about this set and the other releases from Begemot Decals, visit their website at http://www.begemotdecals.ru.
My sincere thanks to Begemot Decals for this review sample!