Belcher Bits 1/32 T-33 Canadian Silver Stars Decal First Look
|Date of Review||August 2010||Manufacturer||Belcher Bits|
|Subject||T-33 Canadian Silver Stars||Scale||1/32|
|Set Number||BD24||Pros||15 aircraft options, colorfuls schemes!|
|Cons||Nothing noted||Skill Level||Basic|
Belcher Bits is known for some great quality resin details and conversions to help the modeler recreate the aircraft in Canadian service. What you may not know is that they've also been producing decals to help you finish the conversions and create nice subjects for your scale flightline.
This newest set is for the Czech Model 1/32 T-33 Shooting Star kit to provide some marking options for RCAF and CAF service. This decal set comes on three sheets and provides markings for 15 aircraft:
- Silver Star Mk.3, 21463, 463, 400 Sqn, RCAF, 1955
- Silver Star Mk.3, 21118, 118, Weapons Practice Unit, RCAF, 1956
- Silver Star Mk.3, 21468, 883, VT-40, RCN, 1956
- Silver Star Mk.3, 21509, 509, 3 Wing, RCAF, 1957
- Silver Star Mk.3, 21530, 530, RCAF, 1958
- Silver Star Mk.3, 21653, 653, 3 Wing, RCAF, 1960
- Silver Star Mk.3, 21641, 641, Target Tug, RCAF, 1960
- Silver Star Mk.3, 21197, 197, RCAF, 1965
- Silver Star Mk.3, 21628, 628, 1 AD, CAF, 1968
- Silver Star Mk.3, 21581, 581, CAF, 1970
- CT-133, 133441, 441, CAF, 1975
- CT-133, 133393, 393, 1 AD, CAF, 1978
- CT-133, 133069, 069, 1 AD, CAF, 1982
- CT-133. 133094, 094, CAF, 1988
- CT-133, 133423, 423, CAF, 1988
This set comes with sufficient stenciling for at least one aircraft and in addition to the presented subjects, the buzz numbers and tail numbers are provided so that you can replicate just about any Canadian T-Bird in service.
Take a close look at this decal sheet. All of these decals are in perfect register and none require you to stack multiple layers of decals to recreate what you see here. Don't settle for substandard decal artwork, get your Silver Star markings right here!
For more information about this set and the other releases from Belcher Bits, visit their website at http://www.belcherbits.com.
My sincere thanks to Belcher Bits for this review sample!