Bullseye Model Aviation 1/48 F-16CM Warheads on Foreheads Decal First Look
|Date of Review||January 2018||Manufacturer||Bullseye Model Aviation|
|Subject||F-16CM Warheads on Foreheads||Scale||1/48|
|Set Number||48005||Pros||12 Viper options|
|Cons||None noted||Skill Level||Novice|
Bullseye Model Aviation is back with an interesting selection of sandbox warriors. These markings cover a selection of Block 40 and Block 50 Vipers operating in Afghanistan and against ISIS in Iraq and Syria. These decals are sized for the Tamiya 1/48 F-16C kits, the F-16 Aggressor kit as it has the parts to render the GE-powered Block 40 with the holographic HUD.
The aircraft presented here include:
- F-16CM Block 50, 90-0049, 55 FS/20 FW, OIR, 2016, 9th AF CC's flagship
- F-16CM Block 50, 91-0379, 79 FS/20 FW, Bagram AB, 2016/17, Sqn CC's aircraft
- F-16CM Block 50, 97-0110, 55 FS/20 FW, OIR, 2016
- F-16CM Block 50, 91-0403, 480 FS/52 FW, OIR, 2016
- F-16CM Block 50, 91-0353, 77 FS/20 FW, OIR, 2016/17, Sqn CC's aircraft
- F-16CM Block 50, 91-0345, 77 FW/20 FW, Aviano AB, 2011
- F-16CM Block 50, 91-0352, 480 FS/52 FW, OIR, 2016, Wing CC's aircraft
- F-16CM Block 50, 90-0829, 480 FS/52 FW, ORI, 2016, Op Group CC's aircraft
- F-16CM Block 40, 89-2137, 555 FS/31 FW, Bagram AB, 2017, triple MiG-killer
- F-16CM Block 40, 89-2035, 555 FS/31 FW, Bagram AB, 2017
This set provides maintenance stencils and markings to replicate at least two examples in 1/48 scale (and if you use some of the stencils from the kits, you can do more!). The sheets are printed by Cartograf and the printing is very well done. What's more, none of these decals require the modeler to stack multiple layers of markings atop one another to recreate artwork. This trend by some other decal companies of producing multiple-layer decals is unfortunate as it puts the burden on you to do the work of what should have been done by the decal maker.
The instruction packet not only provides great profile and decal placement information, it also has important diagrams to show the typical weapons loadouts for each of the wings during specific timeframes.
If you're looking for a project to build contemporary combat Vipers, this set provides an excellent selection to choose from.
These decals are sold excusively by Sprue Brothers.
My sincere thanks to Bullseye Model Aviation for this review sample!