Bullseye Model Aviation 1/48 A-4C Fleet Hot Rods II Decal First Look
|Date of Review||May 2021||Manufacturer||Bullseye Model Aviation|
|Subject||A-4C Fleet Hot Rods II||Scale||1/48|
|Set Number||48016||Pros||Nine colorful options|
|Cons||None noted||Skill Level||Novice|
Bullseye Model Aviation is back with part 2 of a new series covering the A-4 Skyhawk and this one focuses on the A-4C. These markings are all sized for the Hasegawa 1/48 A-4C Skyhawk kit and this set provides excellent instructions to correctly render each subject in this set.
The aircraft presented here include:
- A-4C, 147803, VA-15, AA/212, USS Intrepid, 1967
- A-4C, 148314, VA-56, NG/403, USS Enterprise, 1966/67
- A-4C, 147849, VA-195, NM/500, USS Ticonderoga, 1966/67, CAG aircraft
- A-4C, 147698, VA-45, AU/661, USS Intrepid, 1970
- A-4C, 147741, VA-46, AK/501, USS Shangri-La, 1965
- A-4C, 148488, VA-22, NE/00, USS Coral Sea, 1966/67, CAG aircraft
- A-4C, 150586, VA-95, AB/501, USS John F Kenedy, 1969
- A-4C, 148536, VA-12, AJ/400, USS Shangri-La, 1970, CAG aircraft
- A-4C, 148548, VC-7, UH/01, NAS Miramar, 1973
This set provides maintenance stencils and markings to replicate at least two examples in 1/48 scale (and if you use some of the stencils from the kits, you can do more!). The sheets are printed by Cartograf and the printing is very well done. What's more, none of these decals require the modeler to stack multiple layers of markings atop one another to recreate artwork. This trend by some other decal companies of producing multiple-layer decals is unfortunate as it puts the burden on you to do the work of what should have been done by the decal maker.
These decals are sold exclusively by Sprue Brothers.
My sincere thanks to Bullseye Model Aviation for this review sample!