Bullseye Model Aviation 1/48 F-4B Fleet Phantoms I Decal First Look
|Date of Review||August 2021||Manufacturer||Bullseye Model Aviation|
|Subject||F-4B Fleet Phantoms I||Scale||1/48|
|Set Number||48017||Pros||Five colorful options|
|Cons||None noted||Skill Level||Novice|
Bullseye Model Aviation is back with part 1 of a new series covering colorful F-4B Phantom II subjects for the new 1/48 Tamiya 1/48 F-4B Phantom II kit.
The aircraft presented here include:
- F-4B, 153059, VF-151, NF/200, USS Midway, 1971, CAG aircraft
- F-4B, 151478, VF-21, NE/100, USS Ranger, 1967, CAG aircraft
- F-4B, 152314, VF-32, AB/200, USS Franklin Roosevelt, 1966, CAG aircraft
- F-4B, 152986, VF-301, ND/100, NAS Miramar, 1975, CAG aircraft
- F-4B, 152307, VF-11, AA/101, USS Forrestal, 1969, Skipper's aircraft
This set provides maintenance stencils and markings to replicate at least two examples in 1/48 scale (and if you use some of the stencils from the kits, you can do more!). The sheets are printed by Cartograf and the printing is very well done. What's more, none of these decals require the modeler to stack multiple layers of markings atop one another to recreate artwork. This trend by some other decal companies of producing multiple-layer decals is unfortunate as it puts the burden on you to do the work of what should have been done by the decal maker.
These decals are sold exclusively by Sprue Brothers.
My sincere thanks to Bullseye Model Aviation for this review sample!