Bullseye Model Aviation 1/48 F-14 Fleet Tomcats #1 Decal First Look
|Date of Review||March 2022||Manufacturer||Bullseye Model Aviation|
|Subject||F-14 Fleet Tomcats #1||Scale||1/48|
|Set Number||48022||Pros||Six colorful options|
|Cons||None noted||Skill Level||Novice|
Bullseye Model Aviation continues their first release for the Fleet Tomcats series, this one covering the F-14A Tomcats of Desert Storm. The set is designed for the recent Tamiya 1/48 F-14A kits.
The aircraft presented here include:
- F-14A, 162694, VF-32, AC/201, NAS Oceana, 1991, Skipper's aircraft
- F-14A, 162694, VF-32, AC/201, USS John F Kennedy, Skipper's aircraft
- F-14A, 161140, VF-32, AC/210, USS John F Kennedy, 1991
- F-14A, 162705, VF-33, AB/201, USS America, 1991, Skipper's aircraft
- F-14A, 162700, VF-14, AC/100, USS John F Kennedy, 1991, CAG aircraft
- F-14A, 162597, VF-1, NE/100, USS Ranger, 1991, CAG aircraft
This set provides two sheets of decals printed by Cartograf that includes maintenance stencils and markings to replicate at least two examples in 1/48 scale (and if you use some of the stencils from the kits, you can do more!). What's more, none of these decals require the modeler to stack multiple layers of markings atop one another to recreate artwork. This trend by some other decal companies of producing multiple-layer decals is unfortunate as it puts the burden on you to do the work of what should have been done by the decal maker.
These decals are sold exclusively by Sprue Brothers.
My sincere thanks to Bullseye Model Aviation for this review sample!