Caracal Models 1/48 T-45C US Navy Part 2 Decal First Look
|Date of Review||December 2012||Manufacturer||Caracal Models|
|Subject||T-45C US Navy Part 2||Scale||1/48|
|Set Number||48024||Pros||Five distinctive aircraft|
|Cons||Nothing noted||Skill Level||Experienced|
Here is the latest release from Caracal Models, this time providing the second of several aftermarket decal options for the new Kinetic T-45 Goshawk kit. The set provides five very nice aircraft options. The markings in this set include:
- T-45C, 165629, VT-7, Eagles, A/107, NAS Meridian, 2011
- T-45C, 165485, TW-1, A/100, Commander's Aircraft, 2007
- T-45C, 165472, TW-1, A/100, Commander's Aircraft, 2011
- T-45C, 165609, VT-7, 150th Goshawk, A/167, NAS Meridian, 2006
- T-45C, 165070, VT-86, F/602, NAS Pensacola, 2011
The markings are nicely printed (by Cartograf) and provide national markings, distinctive unit markings, as well as aircraft identification markings, right down to correct data blocks for two complete aircraft. The decals are all single-layer - none of them require you to stack one decal atop another to recreate complex art as with some other decal manufacturers.
For more information about this set and the other releases from Caracal Models, visit their website at http://caracalmodels.com.
My sincere thanks to Caracal Models for this review sample!