Caracal Models 1/48 A-6A/E Intruder Part 1 Decal First Look
|Date of Review||June 2013||Manufacturer||Caracal Models|
|Subject||A-6A/E Intruder Part 1||Scale||1/48|
|Set Number||48033||Pros||Seven distinctive aircraft|
|Cons||Nothing noted||Skill Level||Basic|
Here is the latest release from Caracal Models, this time offering a nice selection of early A-6 Intruders just in time for the recent Kinetic kit though it will also work with the Monogram kit as long as you make a few detail backdates. Most of the aircraft portrayed in this set are Vietnam airwar veterans along with two training examples.
The subjects covered in this set include:
- A-6A, 152600, VA-35, NG/501, USS Enterprise, 1966
- A-6A, 152906, VA-165, NE/506, USS Ranger, 1967
- A-6A, 154151, VA-196, NK/406, USS Constellation, 1967
- A-6A, 155634, VA-65, AG/404, USS Independence, 1971
- A-6A, 151825, VA-42, AD/562, NAS Oceana, 1971
- A-6A, 152612, VMA(AW)-242, DT/12, Da Nang AB, 1967
- A-6E, 149946, VA-128, NJ/823, NAS Whidbey Island, 1982
The markings are nicely printed (by Cartograf) and provide national markings, distinctive nose art markings as well as a nice set of airframe stencils. The decals are all single-layer - none of them require you to stack one decal atop another to recreate complex art as with some other decal manufacturers.
For more information about this set and the other releases from Caracal Models, visit their website at http://caracalmodels.com.
My sincere thanks to Caracal Models for this review sample!