Caracal Models 1/48 U-2 Decal First Look
|Date of Review||January 2017||Manufacturer||Caracal Models|
|Set Number||48118||Pros||Ten distinctive subjects|
|Cons||Nothing noted||Skill Level||Novice|
Here is the latest decal set from Caracal designed for the Hawk, UPC, Testors, and Italeri boxings of the 1/48 early U-2 kit. This release provides ten subject options.
The aircraft presented in this set include:
- U-2A, 56-6701, AFFTC, Edwards AFB, early 1960s
- U-2A, 56-6715, 4080 SRW, 1960
- U-2A, 56-6703, 4080 SRW, 1961
- U-2A, N800X, CIA, early 1960s
- U-2A, N803X, CIA, early 1960s
- U-2A, 56-6682, 4080 SRW, 1961
- U-2F, 56-6676, USAF, shot down during Cuban Missile Crisis
- U-2A, 56-6681, 4080 SRW
- U-2C, 56-6680, 100 SRW, 1976
- U-2A, 56-6722, RAE Bedford, 1967, Project 'Hi-Cat'
This set includes all of the distinctive markings plus stenciling for one bare metal and one dark-colored aircraft. As usual, these decals are nicely printed by Cartograf. Note that all of the subjects but one (U-2C 56-6680) use the original Hawk/UPC/Testors/Italeri boxing of the U-2A kit. The U-2C was also released by Hawk and differs only by the enlarged intakes.
For more information about this set and the other releases from Caracal Models, visit their website at http://caracalmodels.com.
My sincere thanks to Caracal Models for this review sample!