Caracal Models 1/48 U-2R/S Part 2 Decal First Look
|Date of Review||November 2017||Manufacturer||Caracal Models|
|Subject||U-2R/S Part 2||Scale||1/48|
|Set Number||48126||Pros||12 distinctive subjects|
|Cons||Nothing noted||Skill Level||Novice|
Earlier this year, Caracal Models produced a nice decal set for the early U-2 as provided in 1/48 scale for the Hawk, UPC, Testors, and Italeri boxings. Here is part two of the U-2 series, this time covering the 1/48 U-2S, TR-1A, and ER-2 aircraft as produced in Testors and Italeri boxings. This release provides 12 subject options.
The aircraft presented in this set include:
- U-2S, 80-1069, 9 RW, Beale AFB, 2012
- U-2S, 68-10337, 9 RW, Beale AFB, 2015
- U-2S, 68-10329, 9 RW, Beale AFB, 2012
- TU-2S, 80-1078, 9 RW, Beale AFB, 2013
- U-2S, 80-1092, 9 RW, Osan AB, 2016
- U-2S, 68-10336, 9 RW, Warner-Robins AFB, 2005
- TR-1A, 80-1087, 17 RW, RAF Alconbury, 1991
- TR-1A, 68-10336, 9 RW, Beale AFB, 1993
- TR-1A, 80-1099, 17 RW, RAF Alconbury, 1991
- TR-1A, 80-1074, 17 RW, RAF Alconbury, 1992
- ER-2, 809, Armstrong Flight Research Center, NASA
- ER-2, 809, Dryden Flight Research Center, NASA
This set includes all of the distinctive markings plus stenciling for the black aircraft as well as the distinctive racing stripes and markings for the NASA examples.
For more information about this set and the other releases from Caracal Models, visit their website at http://caracalmodels.com.
My sincere thanks to Caracal Models for this review sample!