Furball Aero-Design 1/32 Top Gun Tigers and Talons Decal First Look
|Date of Review||November 2016||Manufacturer||Furball Aero-Design|
|Subject||Top Gun Tigers and Talons||Scale||1/32|
|Set Number||32002||Pros||13 colorful adversary schemes|
|Cons||None noted||Skill Level||Novice|
Furball Aero-Design has released their first decal set in 1/32 scale, this one covering 13 colorful Top Gun adversary camouflage schemes. This set will work nicely with your Hasegawa or Revell (Hasegawa) 1/32 F-5E Tiger II kits. The instructions walk you through the aircraft configuations including the early or later wing LEX, standard or sharknose radome, etc.
The examples presented here include:
- F-5E, 159882, 540, Top Gun, 1982
- F-5E, 159881, 543, Top Gun, 1982
- F-5E, 160793, 544, Top Gun, 1986
- F-5E, 160794, 545, Top Gun, 1986
- F-5E, 159881, 543, Top Gun, 1985
- F-5E, 159880, 542, Top Gun, 1985
- F-5E, 162307, 541, Top Gun, 1986
- F-5E, 159882, 544, Top Gun, 1984
- F-5E, 159882, 540, Top Gun, 1977
- F-5E, 159880, 542, Top Gun, 1980
- F-5E, 159878, 544, Top Gun, 1976
- F-5E, unknown, -, Top Gun, 1987, 'MiG-28'
- F-5E, unknown, -, Top Gun, 1984, 'MiG-28'
The sheet is printed by Cartograf and the printing is very well done. What's more, none of these decals require the modeler to stack multiple layers of markings atop one another to recreate artwork. This trend by some other decal companies of producing multiple-layer decals is unfortunate as it puts the burden on you to do the work of what should have been done by the decal maker.
Grab your Trumpeter kit, it is time to build one of these!
My sincere thanks to Furball Aero-Design for this review sample!