Furball Aero-Design 1/48 A-7D Man Eater SLUFs Decal First Look
|Date of Review||August 2019||Manufacturer||Furball Aero-Design|
|Subject||A-7D Man Eater SLUFs||Scale||1/48|
|Set Number||48016||Pros||Nine colorful subjects|
|Cons||None noted||Skill Level||Novice|
Furball Aero-Design has reissued their great selection of US Air Force shark-mouthed A-7D Corsair II aircraft for the 1/48 Hasegawa kit. This set provides nine different subjects complete with airframe stenciling and walkways enough for two kits. This set will also work well with the HobbyBoss kits.
- A-7D, 72-0239, 354 TFS/355 TFW, Davis-Monthan AFB, 1978
- A-7D, 72-0229, 357 TFS/355 TFW, Davis-Monthan AFB, 1978
- A-7D, 70-0988, 3 TFS/388 TFW, Korat RTAFB, 1972
- A-7D, 71-0354, 354 TFW, Korat RTAFB, 1973 (very brief molar mouth scheme)
- A-7D, 72-0223, 23 TFW Commander, 1981
- A-7D, 72-0179, 74 TFS/23 TFW, England AFB, 1980
- A-7D, 71-0329, 75 TFS/23 TFW, England AFB, 1980
- A-7D, 72-0195, 76 TFS/23 TFW, England AFB, 1980
- A-7D, 71-0354, 354 TFW, Korat RTAFB, 1972
The sheet is printed by Cartograf and the printing is very well done. What's more, none of these decals require the modeler to stack multiple layers of markings atop one another to recreate artwork. This trend by some other decal companies of producing multiple-layer decals is unfortunate as it puts the burden on you to do the work of what should have been done by the decal maker.
My sincere thanks to Furball Aero-Design for this review sample!