Furball Aero-Design 1/48 Iron Tadpoles - A-6A/B Intruders of the Vietnam War Decal First Look
|Date of Review||August 2019||Manufacturer||Furball Aero-Design|
|Subject||Iron Tadpoles - A-6A/B Intruders of the Vietnam War||Scale||1/48|
|Set Number||48025||Pros||Options for 15 different aircraft|
|Cons||None noted||Skill Level||Novice|
Here is the one of the A-6 Intruder sheets produced by Furball Aero-Design three years ago and has now been reissued. This set provides a cross-section of A-6A Intruders and A-6B SEAD Intruders from the Vietnam air war. The set is printed on two large sheets of decals and covers 15 different aircraft.
The examples presented here include:
- A-6A, 152597, VA-35, NG/506, USS Enterprise, 1966
- A-6A, 152637, VA-35, NL/502, USS Coral Sea, 1969
- A-6A, 154133, VA-52, NL/401, USS Coral Sea, 1968
- A-6A, 151583, VA-75, AG/506, USS Independence, 1965
- A-6A, 151585, VA-75, AG/512, USS Independence, 1965
- A-6A, 151803, VA-85, NH/810, USS Kitty Hawk, 1965
- A-6A, 154131, VA-85, AE/512, USS America, 1968
- A-6A, 154136, VA-95, NL/502, USS Coral Sea, 1973
- A-6A, 154133, VA-115, NF/502, USS Midway, 1971
- A-6A, 152626, VA-145, NG/501, USS Enterprise, 1969
- A-6A, 155715, VA-145, NE/505, USS Ranger, 1972, PAVE KNIFE
- A-6A, 155642, VA-165, NG/501, USS Constellation, 1972
- A-6A, 155601, VA-196, NK/501, USS Enterprise, 1972
- A-6B, 151562, VA-196, NK/505, USS Enterprise, 1972
- A-6A, 155646, VMA(AW)-224, NL/501, USS Coral Sea, 1972
This set provides sufficient airframe markings to replicate two examples. The sheet is printed by Cartograf and the printing is very well done (as usual). These decals are sized for the HobbyBoss kit but should work with your A-6 of choice in 1/48 scale.
My sincere thanks to Furball Aero-Design for this review sample!