Furball Aero-Design 1/48 Air Wing All-Stars - Intruders Part One Decal First Look
|Date of Review||February 2014||Manufacturer||Furball Aero-Design|
|Subject||Air Wing All-Stars - Intruders Part One||Scale||1/48|
|Set Number||48026||Pros||Options for 10 different aircraft|
|Cons||None noted||Skill Level||Novice|
Here is the second of three new Grumman A-6 series sheets produced by Furball Aero-Design. This set provides a variety of Air Wing Commanders' (CAG) aircraft from the early days of the A-6 Intruder's service. There are a variety of colorful A-6A and A-6E (pre-TRAM) airframes in this selection, all sized to fit the HobbyBoss kit but should also work on your favorite kit..
The examples presented here include:
- A-6E, 158043, VA-34, AB/500, USS John F. Kennedy, 1976
- A-6A, 154125, VA-35, NG/500, USS Enterprise, 1969
- A-6A, 152942, VA-65, AG/400, USS Independence, 1969
- A-6A, 154144, VA-95, NL/500, USS Coral Sea, 1974
- A-6E, 159574, VA-95, NL/500, USS Coral Sea, 1977
- A-6A, 156994, VA-145, NE/500, USS Ranger, 1970
- A-6A, 152606, VA-145, NG/500, USS Enterprise, 1969
- A-6A, 155683, VA-145, NE/500, USS Ranger, 1974
- A-6E, 155660, VA-165, NG/500, USS Constellation, 1977
- A-6E, 158533, VA-176, AE/500, USS America, 1976
This set provides two sets of airframe markings to replicate two examples. The sheet is printed by Cartograf and the printing is very well done.
My sincere thanks to Furball Aero-Design for this review sample!