Furball Aero-Design 1/48 Gray Phantoms Decal First Look
By Michael Benolkin
|Date of Review||June 2014||Manufacturer||Furball Aero-Design|
|Set Number||48032||Pros||Options for six different aircraft|
|Cons||None noted||Skill Level||Novice|
Here is Furball Aero-Design's latest sheet covering the some of the first F-4C Phantom II aircraft deployed to Southeast Asia in the early days of the Vietnam war still wearing the early US Nav gull gray over white paint schemes and the generic TAC lightning bolts on the tails. One of these subjects scored the first USAF MiG kill of the war and one other also scored a MiG-17, but tragically at least four of these aircraft and two crews didn't survive to return to the US.
The examples presented here include:
- F-4C, 64-0693, 45 TFS/2 AD, Ubon RTAFB, 1965
- F-4C, 64-0679, 45 TFS/2 AD, Ubon RTAFB, 1965
- F-4C, 64-0676, 12 TFW, Cam Rahn Bay AB, 1966
- F-4C, 63-7569, 12 TFW, Cam Rahn Bay AB, 1966
- F-4C, 63-7664, 479 TFW/8 TFW, Ubon RTAFB, 1965
- F-4C, 63-7656, 433 TFW/8 TFW, Ubon RTAFB, 1965
This set provides two sets of airframe markings to replicate two examples. The sheet is printed by Cartograf and the printing is very well done.
My sincere thanks to Furball Aero-Design for this review sample!