Furball Aero-Design 1/48 USMC Intruders Decal First Look
|Date of Review||August 2014||Manufacturer||Furball Aero-Design|
|Set Number||48037||Pros||Excellent selection of USMC A-6A/E aircraft|
|Cons||None noted||Skill Level||Novice|
Furball Aero-Design has released their latest decal super set for the A-6A and A-6E Intruders (prior to TRAM) in US Marine Corps service. This set is designed for the Hobby Boss 1/48 A-6A and A-6E kits.
This set includes 13 subjects:
- A-6E, 159314, VMA(AW)-121, VK/1, MCAS Cherry Point, 1977
- A-6E, 152908, VMA(AW)-224, WK/00, MCAS Cherry Point, 1976
- A-6A, 157017, VMA(AW)-224, WK/07, MCAS Cherry Point, 1974
- A-6A, 155700, VMA(AW)-225, CE/00, Da Nang AB, 1969
- A-6A, 155621, VMA(AW)-242, DT/01, 1977
- A-6E, 159316, VMA(AW)-332, EA/08, MCAS Cherry Point, 1978
- A-6A, 157002, VMA(AW)-332, EA/00, MCAS Cherry Point, 1971
- A-6E, 155589, VMA(AW)-332, EA/301, MCAS Cherry Point, 1983
- A-6A, 155687, VMA(AW)-533, ED/3, Nam Phong RTAB, 1972
- A-6A, 155700, VMA(AW)-533, ED/12, Nam Phong RTAB, 1972
- A-6A, 152835, VMA(AW)-533, ED/3, Da Nang AB, 1966
- A-6A, 155692, VMA(AW)-533, ED/11, MCAS Iwakuni, 1973
- A-6E, 155707, VMA(AW)-533, ED/10, MCAS Iwakuni, 1978
The sheet is printed by Cartograf and the printing is very well done. What's more, none of these decals require the modeler to stack multiple layers of markings atop one another to recreate artwork. This trend by some other decal companies of producing multiple-layer decals is unfortunate as it puts the burden on you to do the work of what should have been done by the decal maker.
My sincere thanks to Furball Aero-Design for this review sample!