Furball Aero-Design 1/48 Air Wing All-Stars Phantoms Part 3 Decal First Look
By Michael Benolkin
|Date of Review||October 2015||Manufacturer||Furball Aero-Design|
|Subject||Air Wing All-Stars Phantoms Part 3||Scale||1/48|
|Set Number||48045||Pros||Six colorful subjects|
|Cons||None noted||Skill Level||Novice|
Furball Aero-Design has reissued their decal super set with a great selection of US Navy CAG aircraft for the outstanding Academy 1/48 F-4J Phantom II kit. This set provides six different subjects complete with airframe stenciling and walkways enough for at least two kits. This set will also work with the Hasegawa kit.
- F-4J, 155544, VF-33, AG/201, USS Independence, 1972, Skipper's aircraft
- F-4J, 154783, VF-41, AG/100, USS Independence, 1969, CAG aircraft
- F-4J, 155861, VF-84, AE/200, USS Franklin D. Roosevelt, 1970, CAG aircraft
- F-4J, 155799, VF-92, NG/200, USS Constellation, 1972,CAG aircraft
- F-4J, 155510, VF-102, AG/100, USS Independence, 1973CAG aircraft
- F-4J, 155885, VF-143, AJ/100, USS America, 1974, CAG aircraft
The sheet is printed by Cartograf and the printing is very well done. What's more, none of these decals require the modeler to stack multiple layers of markings atop one another to recreate artwork. This trend by some other decal companies of producing multiple-layer decals is unfortunate as it puts the burden on you to do the work of what should have been done by the decal maker.
My sincere thanks to Furball Aero-Design for this review sample!