Furball Aero-Design 1/48 F/A-18E/F Super Hornet Air Wing All-Stars Part Three Decal First Look
|Date of Review||March 2016||Manufacturer||Furball Aero-Design|
|Subject||F/A-18E/F Super Hornet Air Wing All-Stars Part Three||Scale||1/48|
|Set Number||48049||Pros||Seven colorful CAG/Skippers' aircraft|
|Cons||None noted||Skill Level||Novice|
Furball Aero-Design has released their third installment in their 1/48 scale Super Hornet Air Wing All-Stars series, this one covering seven very colorful Super Hornets sized for the Hasegawa kits. All seven aircraft are covered in this release are all Air Wing Commander (CAG) or Squadron Commander (Skipper) aircraft and there are 1.5 decal sheets to do the job.
The examples presented here include:
- F/A-18E, 166830, VFA-81, NA/200, USS Carl Vinson, 2015, CAG aircraft
- F/A-18E, 168911, VFA-87, AJ/301, USS George HW Bush, 2015, Skipper's aircraft
- F/A-18E, 166651, VFA-105, AC/401, USS Dwight D. Eisenhower, 2015, Skipper's aircraft
- F/A-18E, 165897, VFA-137, NE/200, USS George Washington, 2015, CAG aircraft
- F/A-18E, 168471, VFA-151, NG/400, USS John C Stennis, 2015, CAG aircraft
- F/A-18E, 165782, VFA-192, NE/300, USS George Washington, 2015, CAG aircraft
- F/A-18F, 166674, VFA-213, AJ/201, USS George HW Bush, 2011, Skipper's aircraft
This set provides two sets of airframe markings to replicate two examples. This set comes on one large and one medium-sized sheet and you can see that there is little wasted space in the decal printing!
The sheet is printed by Cartograf and the printing is very well done. What's more, none of these decals require the modeler to stack multiple layers of markings atop one another to recreate artwork. This trend by some other decal companies of producing multiple-layer decals is unfortunate as it puts the burden on you to do the work of what should have been done by the decal maker.
Grab your Hasegawa kit, it is time to build one of these!
My sincere thanks to Furball Aero-Design for this review sample!