Furball Aero-Design 1/48 EA-18G Growler Anthology Part 2 Decal First Look
|Date of Review||June 2016||Manufacturer||Furball Aero-Design|
|Subject||EA-18G Growler Anthology Part 2||Scale||1/48|
|Set Number||48054||Pros||16 colorful subjects|
|Cons||None noted||Skill Level||Novice|
Furball Aero-Design has released their latest decal super set with a great selection of colorful Growlers for the Hasegawa 1/48 EA-18G kit. This set provides 16 different subjects complete with airframe stenciling and walkways enough for at least two kits.
- EA-18G, 166859, VAQ-129, NJ/550, NAS Whidbey Island, 2016, Skipper
- EA-18G, 168901, VAQ-129, NJ/514, NAS Whidbey Island, 2016, Skipper
- EA-18G, 168902, VAQ-129, NJ/505, NAS Whidbey Island, 2016
- EA-18G, 168268, VAQ-130, AC/500, USS Dwight D. Eisenhower, 2016, CAG
- EA-18G, 168251, VAQ-130, AC/501, USS Harry S. Truman, 2015, Skipper
- EA-18G, 168772, VAQ-131, AJ/500, USS George H.W. Bush, 2016, CAG
- EA-18G, 166934, VAQ-132, NL/540, NAS Whidbey Island, February 2012
- EA-18G, 166934, VAQ-132, NL/540, NAS Whidbey Island, October 2012
- EA-18G, 168765, VAQ-134, NL/533, NAS Whidbey Island, 2016
- EA-18G, 166940, VAQ-135, NL/520, NAS Whidbey Island, 2016
- EA-18G, 168261, VAQ-136, NE/500, USS Ronald Reagan, 2015, CAG
- EA-18G, 168266, VAQ-137, AB/500, USS Theodore Roosevelt, 2015, CAG
- EA-18G, 168267, VAQ-137, AB/501, USS Theodore Roosevelt, 2015, Skipper
- EA-18G, 166934, VAQ-138, NL/510, NAS Whidbey Island, 2010
- EA-18G, 168381, VAQ-142, NH/500, USS Nimitz, 2016, CAG
- EA-18G, 169148/A46-301, 6 Sqn, RAAF, NAS Whidbey Island, 2015
The set comes on two sheets printed by Cartograf and the printing is very well done. What's more, none of these decals require the modeler to stack multiple layers of markings atop one another to recreate artwork. This trend by some other decal companies of producing multiple-layer decals is unfortunate as it puts the burden on you to do the work of what should have been done by the decal maker.
I've avoided building the Growler to date since most of the early aircraft in service carried basic markings. Now that the aircraft has seen combat operations, these aircraft are starting to carry similar colorful CAG markings to their Super Hornet bretheren and distinctive squadron emblems. This Growler Anthology Part 2 provides some nice eye-catching schemes for the Hasegawa kit and it is time to find mine.
My sincere thanks to Furball Aero-Design for this review sample!