Furball Aero-Design 1/48 F-4J/F-4S Low-Viz Devil Dog Rhinos Decal First Look
|Date of Review||November 2017||Manufacturer||Furball Aero-Design|
|Subject||F-4J/F-4S Low-Viz Devil Dog Rhinos||Scale||1/48|
|Set Number||48063||Pros||12 distinctive options|
|Cons||None noted||Skill Level||Novice|
Furball Aero-Design is back with some new decal set releases for the Zoukei-Mura 1/48 F-4J and F-4S Phantom II kits. This set covers USMC Phantoms in their late-service low-visibility schemes. Despite being low-viz, this set offers some distinctive (not boring) schemes to use with the excellent ZM kits.
The examples presented here include:
- F-4J, 153797, VMFAT-101, SH/01, MCAS Yuma, 1983
- F-4S, 153851, VMFA-112, MA/01, NAS Dallas, 1987
- F-4S, 155806, VMFA-115, VE/105, MCAS Beaufort, 1983
- F-4S, 157293, VMFA-122, DC/11, MCAS Beaufort, 1984
- F-4S, 153780, VMFA-212, WD/10, MCAS Kaneohe Bay, 1987
- F-4S, 155881, VMFA-232, WT/00, MCAS Kaneohe Bay, 1987
- F-4S, 155736, VMFA-235, DB/03, MCAS Kaneohe Bay, 1987
- F-4S, 155890, VMFA-251, DW/05, MCAS Beaufort, 1985
- F-4S, 155879, VMFA-312, DR/02, MCAD Beaufort, 1987
- F-4S, 153809, VMFA-321, MG/01, NAF Andrews, 1985
- F-4S, 158354, VMFA-333, DN/06, MCAS Beaufort, 1985
- F-4S, 158374, VMFA-451, VM/12, MCAS Beaufort, 1985
The sheet is printed by Cartograf and the printing is very well done. The set comes with sufficient stencils, national markings, and walkaways for at least two models, and more if you opt for using some of the kits stencils.
This set will provide 11 nice options for the F-4S kit (you'll want to do more than one) plus one F-4J. Grab a set of these today!
My sincere thanks to Furball Aero-Design for this review sample!