Furball Aero-Design 1/48 F-4J/F-4S Low-Viz US Navy Rhinos Decal First Look
|Date of Review||November 2017||Manufacturer||Furball Aero-Design|
|Subject||F-4J/F-4S Low-Viz US Navy Rhinos||Scale||1/48|
|Set Number||48064||Pros||13 distinctive options|
|Cons||None noted||Skill Level||Novice|
Furball Aero-Design is back with some new decal set releases for the Zoukei-Mura 1/48 F-4J and F-4S Phantom II kits. This set covers the US Navy Phantoms in their late-service low-visibility schemes. Despite being low-viz, this set offers some distinctive (not boring) schemes to use with the excellent ZM kits.
The examples presented here include:
- F-4S, 153877, VF-74, AA/101, USS Forrestal, 1982, Skipper's aircraft
- F-4J, 157281, VF-102, AE/101, USS Independence, 1981, Skipper's aircraft
- F-4S, 153862, VF-103, AA/201, USS Forrestal, 1982, Skipper's aircraft
- F-4S, 153827, VF-151, NF/200, USS Midway, 1986, CAG aircraft
- F-4S, 153808, VF-161, NF/100, USS Midway, 1982, CAG aircraft
- F-4S, 155757, VF-161, NF/112, USS Midway, 1982
- F-4S, 155897, VF-161, NF/113, USS Midway, 1983
- F-4S, 155899, VF-171, AD/206, NAS Key West, 1983
- F-4S, 155836, VF-201, AF/105, NAS Fort Worth, 1984
- F-4S, 155900, VF-302, ND/201, NAS Miramar, 1981
- F-4J, 153798, VF-194, NL/212, USS Coral Sea, 1977, Ferris scheme
- F-4S, 155749, VF-301, ND/110, NAS Miramar, 1984
- F-4S, 155864, VF-302, ND/204, NAS Miramar, 1983
The sheet is printed by Cartograf and the printing is very well done. The set comes with sufficient stencils, national markings, and walkaways for at least two models, and more if you opt for using some of the kits stencils.
This set will provide 11 nice options for the F-4S kit (you'll want to do more than one) plus two nice options for the F-4J. Grab a set of these today!
My sincere thanks to Furball Aero-Design for this review sample!