FCM Decals 1/72 P-40 Galore Decal First Look
|Date Review||April 2014||Manufacturer||FCM Decals|
|Kit Number||72022||Pros||Ten colorful airframes|
|Cons||Nothing noted||Skill Level||Basic|
FCM Decals has an interesting line of aftermarket decals from Brazil. The subjects covered in this line include many Brazilian civil and military aircraft subjects, WWI aircraft, and the occasional look at the aircraft of other nations as well. This latest release covers an interesting cross-section of P-40 variants across a number of combat theaters:
- P-40M, 35651, 2 FG, Natal AB, Brazilian AF, 1943
- P-40M, 23, 191 IAP, Soviet AF
- P-40E, 16, 7 FS/49 FG, New Guinea, 1943, 'Typhoon McGoon'
- P-40C, 100, 55 PS, USAAC, 1941
- P-40E, 49, 8 FS/49 FG, New Guinea, 1943, 'Dottie II'
- P-40K-5, 13, 25 FS/51 FG, India, 1944, 'Jinx'
- P-40C, 22, 33 PS, USAAC, 1941
The printing on this sheet is nicely done, and printed by Microscale. There are sufficient stencils on this sheet for one aircraft.
For a list of retailers that carry the FCM Decal series, look here.
Thanks to FCM Decal for this review sample.