IsraDecal 1/48 F-16I Sufa Decal First Look
|Date of Review||August 2006||Manufacturer||IsraDecal|
|Set Number||IAF-54||Pros||Excellent Block 50/52+ F-16Ds in Israeli and Singapore service, CD-ROM included with excellent reference photos|
IsraDecal does once again what they excel at - producing a wide range of colorful Israeli Air Force subjects that are unavailable from most other decal manufacturers. This set comes with an interesting twist. This set comes with a nice sheet of Cartograf decals, but not the usual set of printed instructions. Instead, this release comes with a CD-ROM containing the color instruction sheet in PDF format, a directory full of up-close detail shots of the F-16I, and another directory with a nice array of F-16Is in service.
The set comes with markings to render the following aircraft:
- F-16I, 456, Negev Sqn, Nov 2005
- F-16I, 421, Negev Sqn, May 2006**
- F-16I, 499, Bat Sqn, Apr 2006
- F-16I, 494, Bat Sqn, Apr 2006
- F-16I, 107, Knights of the Orange Tail Sqn, Jul 2006
- F-16I, 803, Knights of the Orange Tail Sqn, Jul 2006
- F-16D Block 52+, 672, 145 Sqn, Singapore AF, 2005
**The owner of IsraDecals did the full-scale design of the tail art for 421, so you can be certain that he had good references for this decal set as well!
These will definitely make your F-16I/F-16D B.52+ conversion worth your time and effort. If only someone would produce a decent late-model F-16I in 1/48 scale!