Modeller 1/32 Iranian Phantoms Decal First Look
By Michael Benolkin
|Date of Review||July 2018||Manufacturer||Modeller|
|Set Number||32009||Pros||Eight distinctive options|
|Cons||See text||Skill Level||Novice|
Here is an interesting decal release from Modeller, a cross-section of F-4 Phantom II variants in Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force service. This set provides two primary time periods: the Iran-Iraq war (1980-88) and contemporary. There is even one example from the days of the Shah.
The aircraft presented in this set include:
- F-4D, 67-14370/3-602, 71 TFS, Shiraz AB, IIAF, 1970s
- F-4D, 67-14869/3-6697, 71 TFS, Shiraz AB, IRIAF, 1980-88
- F-4D, 67-14881/3-6699, 71 TFS, Shiraz AB, IRIAF, 1980-88
- RF-4E, 20267/2-6502, 11 TRS, Mehrabad AB, IRIAF, 1980-88
- RF-4E, 20267/2-6502, TFB.3, Hamadan AB, IRIAF, 2009
- F-4E, 01166/3-6605, TFB.1, Mehrabad AB, IRIAF, 1980-88
- F-4E, 01545/3-6643, 61 TFW, Bousher AB, IRIAF, 2009
- F-4E, 01095/3-6548, 61 TFW, Bousher AB, IRIAF, 2009
You can see in the decal image that the roundels have separately printed red dots for the center, so you'll have to add them yourself. These decals are printed by Begemot Decals, and I'm impressed that the clear carrier film is no larger than the printed areas, very precise printing indeed.
For more information about this set and the other releases from Modeller, visit their website at www.kma-modeller.com.
My sincere thanks to Modeller for this review sample!