Modeller 1/32 Iranian F-14A Tomcats Decal First Look
By Michael Benolkin
|Date of Review||October 2018||Manufacturer||Modeller|
|Subject||Iranian F-14A Tomcats||Scale||1/32|
|Set Number||32011||Pros||Eight distinctive options|
|Cons||See text||Skill Level||Novice|
Here is an interesting decal release from Modeller, a selection of F-14A Tomcats in Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force service. This set provides two primary time periods: the Iran-Iraq war (1980-88) and contemporary. There is even one example from the days of the Shah.
The aircraft presented in this set include:
- F-14A, 160320/3-6022, 82 TFS, TFB 8, Isfahan AB, 1981, MiG-killer
- F-14A, 160320/3-6022, 82 TFS, TFB 8, Isfahan AB, 1995, MiG-killer
- F-14A, 160347/3-6049, TFB 8, Isfahan AB, 2012
- F-14A, 160377/3-6079, TFB 8, Isfahan AB, 1988
- F-14A, 3-863, first Iranian F-14 built, USA, 1975
You can see in the decal image that the roundels have separately printed red dots for the center, so you'll have to add them yourself. These decals are printed by Begemot Decals, and I'm impressed that the clear carrier film is no larger than the printed areas, very precise printing indeed.
For more information about this set and the other releases from Modeller, visit their website at www.kma-modeller.com.
My sincere thanks to Modeller for this review sample!