Modeller 1/48 Iranian Air Force Mirage F.1 Decal First Look
|Date of Review||July 2018||Manufacturer||Modeller|
|Subject||Iranian Air Force Mirage F.1||Scale||1/48|
|Set Number||48012||Pros||Eight distinctive options|
|Cons||See text||Skill Level||Novice|
Here is an interesting decal release from Modeller, Mirage F.1s in Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force service. This set provides an interesting cross-section of time periods which, in turn, provide different camouflage schemes carried by these aircraft. The 1993 example carried the Dassault-standard gunship gray over light gray camouflage, while the others illustrate a variety of desert schemes as well as blue schemes.
The aircraft presented in this set include:
- Mirage F.1EQ, 3-6205, Mehrabad AFB, IRIAF, 2012
- Mirage F.1EQ, 3-6210, Mehrabad AFB, IRIAF, 2013
- Mirage F.1EQ, 3-6210, Mehrabad AFB, IRIAF, 2017
- Mirage F.1EQ, 3-6212, Hamedan - Nojeh AB, IRIAF, 1993
- Mirage F.1EQ, 3-6213, Mehrabad AFB, IRIAF, 2012
- Mirage F.1BQ, 3-6403, Mehrabad AFB, IRIAF, 2014
- Mirage F.1BQ, 3-6407, Mehrabad AFB, IRIAF, 2013
- Mirage F.1BQ, 3-6406, Mehrabad AFB, IRIAF, 2016
You can see in the decal image that some of the roundels have separately printed red dots for the center, but others provide complete roundels as one marking, so you have choices. These decals are printed by Begemot Decals, and I'm impressed that the clear carrier film is no larger than the printed areas, very precise printing indeed.
For more information about this set and the other releases from Modeller, visit their website at www.kma-modeller.com.
My sincere thanks to Modeller for this review sample!