RAM Models 1/48 Early British McDonnell Douglas Phantoms Decal First Look
|Date of Review||August 2015||Manufacturer||RAM Models|
|Subject||Early British McDonnell Douglas Phantoms||Scale||1/48|
|Set Number||48001||Pros||Nice selection of early British Phantoms|
|Cons||See text||Skill Level||Experienced|
RAM Models is a model company out of Britain that is expanding into the decal market. Their first release covers a selection of Phantom FG.1 (F-4K) and FGR.2 (F-4M) aircraft designed for the Hasegawa 1/48 scale kits.
The subjects included in this set:
- FG.1, XT595, 'No.1 F-4K', McDonnell Douglas test aircraft, 1966
- FG.1, XT595, 'McDonnell No.1 F-4K', different markings
- FG.1, XT597, A&AEE, Boscombe Down, 1982
- FG.1, XT857, A&AEE, deck trials aboard HMS Eagle, 1969
- FG.1, XT859, 700P Sqn, 725, RNAS Yeovilton, 1968
- FG.1, XT867, NASU, 725, RNAS Yeovilton, 1968
- FG.1, XT868, 767 Sqn, 153, RNAS Yeovilton, 1971
- FG.1, XV579, 767 Sqn, 157, RNAS Yeovilton, 1969
- FGR.2, XT852, 'McDonnell No.1 F-4M', 1967
- FGR.2, XT853, BAe test aircraft, 1967
The full-color instructions provide color and marking information for each subject though the two FGR.2 subjects are labeled as FG.1. The decals are nicely printed with the only issue being the need to separately place the red center in the early roundels.
If you're looking for some unique subjects for your Hasegawa kits, who doesn't love test aircraft? These decals are available directly from their website. For more information about this set and the other releases from RAM Models, visit their website at www.rammodels.co.uk.
My sincere thanks to RAM Models for this review sample!