Speed Hunter Graphics 1/32 Big-Scale Vipers Decal First Look
|Date of Review||March 2016||Manufacturer||Speed Hunter Graphics|
|Set Number||32006||Pros||Ten F-16C Viper options|
|Cons||None noted||Skill Level||Basic|
Speed Hunter Graphics is back with a nice selection of F-16C Block 40/42/50/52 Vipers sized for the Tamiya 1/32 kit. This set provides ten subjects complete with a set of airframe stenciling.
The ten examples presented here include:
- F-16CG Block 40, 89-2003, 347 Wing, Moody AFB, 1998, 'City of Valdosta', Wing CC aircraft
- F-16CM Block 50, 91-0382, 522 FS/27 FW, Cannon AFB, 2007, Sqn CC aircraft
- F-16CM Block 50, 90-0805, 14 FS/35 FW, Misawa AB, 2012, Ops Group CC aircraft
- F-16CM Block 40, 89-2105, 175 FS/114 FW, Sioux Falls, 2015, Wing CC aircraft
- F-16CG Block 40, 89-2124, 188 FW/150 FW/NM ANG, Kirtland AFB, 2003
- F-16CM Block 52 Have Glass, 93-0545, 157 FS/169 FW/SC ANG, McEntire ANGB, 2015
- F-16CM Block 50 Have Glass, 98-0005, 85 TES/53 Wing, Eglin AFB, 2012, Sqn CC aircraft
- F-16CM Block 50 Have Glass, 91-0336, 179 FS/148 FW/MN ANG, Duluth, 2014, Wing CC aircraft
- F-16CM Block 42 Have Glass, 89-2082, 112 FS/180 FW/OH ANG, Toledo, 2015
- F-16CM Block 52, 92-3911, 157 FS/169 FW/SC ANG, McEntire ANGB, 2015, 50th Anniversary scheme
The sheets are printed by Cartograf and the printing is very well done. What's more, none of these decals require the modeler to stack multiple layers of markings atop one another to recreate artwork. This trend by some other decal companies of producing multiple-layer decals is unfortunate as it puts the burden on you to do the work of what should have been done by the decal maker.
There are some great subjects offered including four HAVE GLASS aircraft as well as a favorite of mine, the NM ANG Block 40 Viper as it appeared after the second Gulf war before the 150th lost its Vipers. I'm also partial to Wild Weasel subjects and the Block 50/52 aircraft provide some nice options for SAM hunting including the 35 FW at Misawa who carried the WW (Wild Weasel) tailcode from George AFB after the base was closed.
These markings are available directly from the publisher on their website www.reidairpublishing.com.
My sincere thanks to Speed Hunter Graphics for this review sample!