Speed Hunter Graphics 1/48 Phlashy Photo Phantoms Part I Decal First Look
|Date of Review||April 2014||Manufacturer||Speed Hunter Graphics|
|Subject||Phlashy Photo Phantoms Part I||Scale||1/48|
|Set Number||48004||Pros||Seven RF-4C options|
|Cons||None noted||Skill Level||Basic|
Speed Hunter Graphics is back with their latest release, this covering a nice cross-section of USAF RF-4C Phantom II examples for the 1/48 Hasegawa kit.
The seven examples presented here include:
- RF-4C, 64-1047, 117 TRW/AL ANG, 1993
- RF-4C, 65-0843, 117 TRW/AL ANG, 1992, Unit 75th Anniversary Scheme
- RF-4C, 65-0878, 155 TRG/NE ANG, 1989
- RF-4C, 67-0452, 3246 TW, Eglin AFB, 1992
- RF-4C, 69-0357, 67 TRW, Bergstrom AFB, 1992
- RF-4C, 68-0567, 38 TRS/26 TRW, Zweibrucken AB, 1991
- RF-4C, 69-0368, 38 TRS/26 TRW, Zweibrucken AB, 1987
The sheets are printed by Cartograf and the printing is very well done. What's more, none of these decals require the modeler to stack multiple layers of markings atop one another to recreate artwork. This trend by some other decal companies of producing multiple-layer decals is unfortunate as it puts the burden on you to do the work of what should have been done by the decal maker.
This set provides one complete sets of maintenance stencils and markings to replicate at least one kit in 1/48 scale (and if you use some of the stencils from the kits, you can do more!). This set is designed to work with the Hasegawa 1/48 RF-4C kit.
These markings are available directly from the publisher on their website www.reidairpublishing.com.
My sincere thanks to Speed Hunter Graphics for this review sample!