Speed Hunter Graphics 1/48 Heritage Vipers Decal First Look
|Date of Review||March 2016||Manufacturer||Speed Hunter Graphics|
|Set Number||48013||Pros||11 colorful Viper options|
|Cons||None noted||Skill Level||Basic|
Speed Hunter Graphics has released a selection of F-16 Vipers wearing special schemes. This selection of subject provides a nice cross-section of variants and units. These decals are sized for the Tamiya kits.
The 11 examples presented here include:
- F-16A Block 10, 80-0500, 89 FS/906 FG/AFRES, Wright-Patterson AFB, 1994, 'Boneyard Bound'
- F-16D Block 25, 83-1184, 161 TFTS/184 TFG/KS ANG, McConnell AFB, 1992
- F-16C Block 25, 84-1295, 127 TFTS/184 TFG/KS ANG, McConnell AFB, 1991
- F-16C Block 30, 85-1504, 163 FS/122 FW/IN ANG, Fort Wayne IAP, 2010
- F-16C Block 30, 86-0345, 120 FS/140 FW/CO ANG, Buckley ANGB, 2010
- F-16C Block 30, 86-0231, 457 FS/301 FW/AFRES, NAS Ft Worth JRB, 2012
- F-16C Block 30, 87-0332, 100 FS/187 FW/AL ANG, Montgomery, 2016, 'City of Tuskegee'
- F-16C Block 30, 87-0336, 100 FS/187 FW/AL ANG, Montgomery, 2016, 'City of Enterprise'
- F-16C Block 42, 88-0417, 152 FS/162 FW/AZ ANG, Tucson, 2015, 'El Tigre', 75th Anniversary
- F-16CM Block 52, 92-3911, 157 FS/169 FW/SC ANG, McEntire ANGB, 2015, Wild Weasel 50th Anniversary
- F-16C Block 30, 86-0364, 162 FS/178 FW/OH ANG, Springfield, 2010, 'Old Crow'
The sheets are printed by Cartograf and the printing is very well done. This set provides two complete sets of maintenance stencils and markings though you'll be able to do more versions using the kit's stencils.
These markings are available directly from the publisher on their website www.reidairpublishing.com.
My sincere thanks to Speed Hunter Graphics for this review sample!