Starfighter Decals 1/72 USN Hit and Run Raids Feb-Apr 1942 Decal First Look
|Date of Review||April 2014||Manufacturer||Starfighter Decals|
|Subject||USN Hit and Run Raids Feb-Apr 1942 Decals||Scale||1/72|
|Set Number||72-142||Pros||Ten distinctive subjects|
|Cons||Printer banding on instructions||Skill Level||Basic|
Starfighter Decals has released this nice decal set for a nice cross-section of US Navy aircraft from the early war years.
This decal set provides markings for the following subjects:
- SBD-2, 2106, VB-2, 2-B-2, 10 Mar 1942
- SBD-3, unknown, VS-6, S-4, 1 Feb 1942
- TBD-1, 0342, VT-6, 10, 1 Feb 1942
- TBD-1, 0319, VT-5, 1, 10 Mar 1942
- B-25B, 40-2344, April 1942, as piloted by Lt.Col Billy Mitchell
- F4F-3A, 4031, VF-2, F-15, 20 Feb 1942, as flown by Lt. Butch O'Hare
- F4F-3A, 3986, VF-2, F-13, 10 Apr 1942, as flown by Lt. Butch O'Hare
- F4F-3A, 3976, VF-2, F-1, 10 Apr 1942, as flown by Lt.Cdr. J.S. Thatch
- F4F-3A, 3914, VF-6, F-14, 1 Feb 1942,
- SOC-1, unknown, 8, 1 Feb 1942
This provides sufficient markings to do at least five aircraft, one of each aircraft type. The instructions provide recommended kits and builder's notes. You can purchase these decals directly from Starfighter Decals on their website.
My sincere thanks to Starfighter Decals for this review sample!