Werners Wings 1/32 Vietnam Ace Steve Ritchie and Friends Decal First Look
|Date of Review||December 2017||Manufacturer||Werners Wings|
|Subject||Vietnam Ace Steve Ritchie and Friends||Scale||1/32|
|Set Number||3201||Pros||Many MiG-killer options|
|Cons||None noted||Skill Level||Novice|
Werners Wings is well known for producing aftermarket decals and details for interesting rotary-winged subjects, but every now and then, they'll also tackle some interesting fixed-wing subjects. Here is a limited edition release of 'Vietnam Ace Steve Ritchie and Friends' produced in 1/32 scale and sponsored by Kitty Hawk Models. This set covers US Air Force MiG-killers from Vietnam and provides an interesting array of subjects.
This set includes 13 subjects, several of which have different marking variation options which include:
- F-4D, 66-7463, Ritchie's first kill, 10 May 1972
- F-4D, 65-0801, Ritchie's second kill, 31 May 1972
- F-4E, 68-0362, Ritchie's third and fourth kill, 8 July 1972
- F-4D, 66-7463, Ritchie's fifth kill, 28 Aug 1972
- F-4D, 66-7463, McCoy/Brown's kill, 15 Oct 1972
- F-4E, 67-0338, Bricker's Kill, 1972
- F-4D, 65-0700, Bricker's aircraft in USAFE, 1974
- F-4D, 66-7661, MiG Killer
- F-4D, 66-0271, Bailey/Feinstein's two kills, July 1972
- F-4C, 64-0851, Chappie James' kill, 2 Jan 1967
- F-4D, 66-7550, Cherry/Feinstein's kill, 16 Apr 1972
- F-4C, 63-7680, Robin Olds' First MiG, 2 Jan 1967
- F-4C, 64-0829, Robin Olds' Second MiG, May 1967
This set is sized for the Tamiya 1/32 F-4C/D and F-4E kits and include distinctive markings for all aircraft, national markings and basic stenciling for two aircraft. This set also includes notes for each of the options detailing known load-outs for each of the MiG-killing sorties so you can replicate the aircraft accurately.
Note: Werner's Wings previously released the 'Vietnam Ace Steve Ritche and Friends' set in 1/72 and 1/48, but for this limited edition, they added the Operation Bolo kills for Robin Olds' aircraft.
If you want to have the best set of MiG-killer options in one set, this is the decal release you've been waiting for, and since only 200 sets were produced, you'll want to order a set today! These are available directly from the Werners Wings website.
My sincere thanks to Werners Wings and Kitty Hawk Models for this review sample!