Werners Wings 1/48 AH-1Z Viper's Den Decal First Look
|Date of Review||July 2015||Manufacturer||Werners Wings|
|Subject||AH-1Z Viper's Den||Scale||1/48|
|Set Number||4808||Pros||Nice selection of subjects for the Kitty Hawk kit|
|Cons||None noted||Skill Level||Novice|
Werners Wings is well known for producing aftermarket decals and details for interesting rotary-winged subjects and this release is no exception. This set provides a nice cross-section of current U.S. Marine Corps operators of the AH-1Z Viper.
This set includes eight subjects to enhance the Kitty Hawk 1/48 AH-1Z Viper kit:
- AH-1Z, 168420, HMLA-369, SM/45, MCAS Camp Pendelton
- AH-1Z, 168398, HMLA-159, SN/45, MCAS Camp Pendelton
- AH-1Z, 168421, HMLA-267, UV/50
- AH-1Z, 168519, VMM-163 (REIN), YP/43
- AH-1Z, 167809, HMM-268 (REIN), YO/41
- AH-1Z, 168398, HMM-364 (REIN), PF/44
- AH-1Z, 168523, VMM-161 (REIN), YR/44
- AH-1Z, 168060, VMM-166 (REIN), YX/46
There are sufficient markings to replicate at least two aircraft from this set, more if you can reuse some of the stenciling from the original kit. If you've got the Kitty Hawk kit but want to portray an aircraft out of other squadrons besides those subjects in the kit, this set is what you'll need.
My sincere thanks to Werners Wings for this review sample!