3D-Kits.co.uk 1/72 Hurricane Mk.IID Conversion First Look
|Date of Review
|Hurricane Mk.IID Conversion
|Complete conversion for Hurricane Mk.IIC kit
3D-Kits.co.uk is a new (to me) producer of interesting conversions for primarily 1/72 scale aircraft. This new release will convert any 1/72 Hurricane Mk.IIC into a tank-busting Mk.IID. The kit has two sprues with the two underwing gun pods and two 20mm cannons (one for each pod). Depending on the contour of the underside of the wing of the kit you choose, there may be a little sanding needed to get the pods to snugly fit under the wnigs.
In addition to the plastic parts, this set also includes markings for three examples:
- Hurricane Mk.IID, HV663, 6 Sqn, U, Gabes, Tunisia, 1941
- Hurricane Mk.IID, BN795, 6 Sqn, 'Our John', North Africa, 1943
- Hurricane Mk.IID, HW719, 1st Speciailized Loq Attack Instructors School, Milfield, UK 1943
I find several aspects of this company's approach to aftermarket conversions and details quite refreshing from several aspects:
- The conversions are simple
- The conversion parts are injection-molded plastic, not resin, so less experienced modelers can try them
- They don't provide the airframe conversion alone, they also provide relevant decals and instructions to complete the project
You can obtain 3D-Kits.co.uk conversions directly from the 3D-Kits.co.uk website.
My sincere thanks to 3D-Kits.co.uk for this review sample!