Eduard 1/35 M2 Half Track Detail Set First Look
|Date of Review||May 2007||Manufacturer||Eduard|
|Subject||M2 Half Track Detail Set||Scale||1/35|
|Pros||Adds even more detail to DML's beautiful M2 Halftrack series||Cons|
|Skill Level||Intermediate||MSRP (USD)||$24.95|
While Tamiya's M3 was the only early US Army halftrack to see itself in 1/35 scale kit form, it has been on the market for quite a while. Then DML announced that it would not only produce an updated M3 series, but it would first release the shorter M2. I must say DML has done a beautiful job on this kit. Check out Cookie Sewell'sreview here.
Of course you know that Eduard won't stop at the level of fidelity of details that are rendered in styrene. The magic of photo-etch will really turn a great model into a very detailed scale replica.
This detail set is rendered on two frets of photo-etch and five panels of color instructions.
Among the nice additions that this kit provides:
- Driver's instrument panel with color-printed instruments on a sheet that goes behind the photo-etch panel
- Detailed driver's pedals and controls
- Radio rack and details for the kit radio
- Replacement stowage container lids
- Jerry can stowage
- Various handles, brackets, and even fire extinguisher mounts
- Light guards
- Nice details for the 50 caliber machine gun including pintle, ammo can, and ammo belt
The details in this set are small and will require patience, experience with photo-etch, and be made easier when used with good tools.
This set is definitely recommended!
My sincere thanks to Eduard for this review sample!