White Ensign Models 1/350 USS Hornet Airwing Detail Set First Look
|Date of Review||December 2004||Manufacturer||White Ensign Models|
|Subject||USS Hornet Airwing Detail Set||Scale||1/350|
|Kit Number||PE3526||Primary Media||Photo-Etch|
|Pros||Adds significant detail and fidelity to the flight deck of your Trumpeter 1/350 USS Hornet||Cons|
|Skill Level||Advanced||MSRP (USD)||Approx $36.70|
White Ensign Models continues to turn out some very interesting detail sets in their 1/350 scale range. This particular release is more like a "super set" in that it has just about everything you'll need on the flight deck of Trumpeter's 1/350 WW2 USS Hornet.
This set includes:
- 14 bomb trollies
- Forward flight deck wind break braces
- Four forklifts w/drivers(!!!)
- Arrestor wire guides
- 11 torpedo/bomb trailers
- Elevator edge retractable rails
- Two B-25B interior detail sets
- Two B-25B exterior detail sets
- Forward flight deck wind breaks
- Forward deck end retractable railings
- Six aircraft tow tractors w/drivers and assistants
- Seven tow bars
- Two TBD Devastator exterior detail sets
- Two TBD Devastator interior detail sets
- Two F4F Wildcat interior detail sets
- Aft flight deck retractable railings
- Two F4F Wildcat exterior detail sets
- Two SBD Dauntless interior detail sets
- Two SBD Dauntless exterior detail sets
This set provides a nice range of details to dress up some of the airwing and add much of the other details onto the deck of your USS Hornet. When coupled with the other fitting sets for the ship from White Ensign Models, you'll definitely have a work of art for your mantle!
Just when you thought you couldn't find any greater detail in 1/350 scale, White Ensign Models has come alongside with their latest creations.
My sincere thanks to White Ensign Models for this review sample!