DML 1/35 Sd.Kfz.234/3 mit 7.5cm KwK Kit First Look
By Dave Manter
|Date of Review
|Sd.Kfz.234/3 mit 7.5cm KwK
Dragon releases another version of their popular Sd.Kfz.234 series, this time the Sd.Kfz.234/3 mit 7.5cm KwK version.
The kit consists of more than 500 highly detailed parts that are molded to Dragon's normal very high standards. There is no flash present. Also included are numerous photo etch detail parts and markings for three vehicles.
Some key features of the kit are:
- Authentically recreated suspension and steering assembly
- Wheel hubs are finely detailed
- Wheels made from multiple styrene parts
- Wheels can be adjusted to different positions
- Newly tooled side fenders w/photo etch hatch lids
- Authentic jerry cans w/photo etch details
- One piece chassis frame
- Width indicator poles included
- Slide molded gun sight
- Highly detailed driver's vision port
- Both front and rear steering controls reproduced in detail
- Turret side armor designed to scale thickness
- Side fender toolbox can be assembled open or closed
- Antenna mount recreated in fine detail
- Subtle basket for spent shells
- Rifling inside gun barrel
- Realistic MG42 included
- Extendable jack made from separate parts
- Engine deck ventilation louvers with open or closed option
- Vision ports can be built open or closed
- Detailed spare tire mounting frame
- Ammunition rack feature separate rounds
- Gunner's seat w/collapsible backrest
After having built a couple of these vehicles from Dragon, this one should not present any problems during construction.
My sincere thanks to DML for this review sample!