Italeri 1/24 IVECO Stralis Active Space Cube Kit First Look
|Date of Review||June 2013||Manufacturer||Italeri|
|Subject||IVECO Stralis Active Space Cube||Scale||1/24|
|Kit Number||3869||Primary Media||Styrene|
|Pros||Nicely detailed kit||Cons||Nothing noted|
|Skill Level||Intermediate||MSRP (USD)||$98.95|
Iveco Magirus is a German heavy truck manufacturer that supplies equipment for overland cargo transport companies around Europe. The Stralis series became the cornerstone of that business in 2002 replacing earlier vehicles and the company continues to add capabilities, efficiencies and comfort for the European trucking industry.
Italeri has released this IVECO Stralis Active Space Cube kit and it is a nice looking model. This kit is a nicely tooled kit presented on eight parts trees: two in white, one in silver-gray, one in dark gray, three in black, and one in clear. One set of rubber tires rounds out this kit.
Among the features and options in this kit:
- Detailed chasis and suspension
- Detailed engine and powertrain
- Wheels are not chromed so you can clean these up and use your favorite metalizer
- Detailed cab with sleeper
- Doors can be posed open (using molded-in cut lines inside side cab parts
- Front cab hatch can be posed open for quick engine access
- Cab can tilt forward to display engine underneath
- Two markings options and a wide variety of license plates are included
- Truck can be marked as model 450, 500, or 550
Straight out of the box, this kit is very nicely detailed which you can see for yourself in these images. In the hands of an AMS modeler, you can add even further detail with some bolt heads, tubing and wiring as well as adding some personalization to the truck in the form of driving lights, marker lights, radio antennas, etc.
Have some fun and build one!
My sincere thanks to MRC for this review sample!