Focke Wulf Fw 190 Vol II Book Review
|Date of Review||January 2005||Title||Focke Wulf Fw 190 Vol II|
|Format||112 pages, softbound||MSRP (USD)||$24.95|
Kagero has been turning out some very interesting and well-researched monographs on many subjects. In this release, Kagero continues its coverage of the Focke Wulf Fw 190 as this is Volume Two of a four-part series. The other three volumes are reviewed in:
Published in both Polish and English, the author walks the reader through the early wartime operations of the aircraft on all fronts.
The coverage includes:
- Operations in Western Europe
- Operations in Africa, the South and the North of Europe
In addition to the operational history of the aircraft, the title looks at the details of the armament systems of the Fw 190 through some nicely reproduced original factory drawings of different aircraft weapons configurations. Some additional aircraft support systems are also included in these diagrams. Coverage of this part ends with some excellent color profiles of the Fw 190A series.
As is customary for the Kagero series, a sheet of Techmod decals is included representing selected subjects from the color profiles in the title. In a new push, Kagero has elected to provide fewer subjects on the decal sheet in favor of providing those subjects that are covered in 1/72, 1/48 and 1/32. All modelers win with this approach! The subjects include:
- Fw 190A-8, JG 51, Black 11, 1944, 'Tanja'
- Fw 190A-5, 2./JG 11, Black 8, 1943, 'Kubezahl'
- Fw 190A-8/R8, Sturmstaffel 1, White 14, Feb 1944
- Fw 190A-2, Stab III./JG 26, 1942
- Fw 190A-5, IV./JG 51, White 8, 1943
- Fw 190A-8, 13./JG 54, White 16, 1944
- Fw 190A-8, II./JG 301, Black 9, 1945
You'll definitely want to add this title to your reference library. You can find Kagero books at your favorite hobby retailer.