Heinkel He 111 Volume II Book Review
|Date of Review||October 2004||Title||Heinkel He 111 Volume II|
|Format||110 pages, softbound||MSRP (USD)||$24.95|
Kagero has been turning out some very interesting and well-researched monographs on many subjects which have not been previously adequately covered. One such subject is the Heinkel He 111 series. In Volume II, the author picks up from Volume I and covers the Heinkel's use in combat operations. The notable use of this aircraft, as depicted on the cover and covered briefly in the final chapter is the use of the He 111 as an airborne launch platform for the V-1. The coverage includes:
- Legion Condor
- The Blitzkrieg in the West
- Gentlemen, Britain is no Longer an Island
- Night Terror
- Bombs, Mines and Torpedoes
- Eastern Front
- The Final Mission - Operation "Rumpelkammer"
In addition to the historical aspects of this title, presented in both Polish and English, there are numerous fold-out three view diagrams of the various marks of the He 111 and many color profiles as well. A section is also included with nice color photos of the He 111 in WW2.
A sheet of Techmod decals is also provided with the markings from selected color profiles in both 1/72 and 1/48 scale.
- He 111P-2, III./KG 51, 25+E33, Aug 1939
- He 111P-2, Stab JG 26, 1H+JA, Oct 1939
- He 111H-6, Sonderkommando Blaich, Jan 1942
- He 111H-3, Stab I,/KG 54, B3+DB, Apr 1940
- He 111H22, 1./KG 53, 5K+LH, Sep 1944
The aviation historian and modeler alike will want to add this to their reference libraries - especially considering the VERY reasonable retail price!